Lower North Fork Fire Update
Great Basin 2 Incident Management Team
Incident Commander: Rich Harvey
For Immediate Release: March 29, 2012 11:00a.m.
(Daily from 7:00a.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
Website Info: http://jeffcosheriff1.blogspot.com/
Contact: (303) 271-4910 (Emergency Operations Center)
Lower North Fork Fire Public Announcement
Some Residents Allowed to Return to Their Homes
Conifer, Colorado March 29, 2012 . . . With improved conditions and significant progress made in line construction thanks to the efforts of firefighters, some of the residents evacuated from their homes due to the Lower North Fork Fire will be allowed to return to their residences beginning at 11:00 a.m. today. Residents are required to show I.D. as proof of residency at check points.
The following roads will be opened today beginning at 11:00 a.m. for residents only:
· Foxton Road from Highway 285 to Reynolds Ranch Open Space Park parking lot.
· Pleasant Park Road from Oehlmann Park Road to Critchell Road
· High Grade Road from Maxwell Hill Road to Critchell Road.
· West Platte River Road from Foxton Road to South Platte Hotel.
Returning residents are urged to be ready to evacuate at a moment’s notice if fire conditions change. Notification of immediate evacuation will be signaled by a Sheriff Deputy’s siren from the road. Any belongings residents would want to take, if evacuated again, must be readied upon return. If a siren is heard, residents must evacuate immediately. Parking on the road is not allowed until the incident has ended. This is to provide access for emergency and firefighting vehicles and for everyone’s safety. Residents are encouraged to drive slow, 10 miles per hour, to allow for firefighters activity and vehicle safety.
The following roads remain closed at this time for public and firefighter safety:
· Foxton Road from West Platte River Road to Reynold’s Ranch Open Space parking lot.
· Kuehster Road remains closed south from Critchell Road
· Maxwell Hill remains closed from South Deer Creek
We appreciate your patience and cooperation with the firefighting efforts.